QR Codes Increase Parking Revenue in Hawaii2 min read
Meet GMP QR, a touchless and convenient QR-code payment solution that is easy and cost-effective to set up. Let’s dive into a case study from Hawaii where QR codes increased parking revenue in a location where a payment kiosk unexpectedly malfunctioned.
The parking operator caters to its residents, businesses, and the hospitality industry with the state’s finest valet, self-parking services, and garage management. They had set up GMP QR as a payment option for their parkers since it was the fastest and most cost-effective way to enable touchless payments – all they had to do was put up a high-vis QR Code provided by GMP.
GMP QR – Impacts Revenue
Static payment kiosk equipment is prone to breaking down, especially in adverse climates. When the Pay-and-Display machine at one of their surface lots broke down the operator braced themselves for a fall in revenue. But the data told a different story.
The chart below maps the increase in revenue and the number of sessions completed via GMP QR.
There was a 100% increase in the number of QR-based sessions month over month and a 113% increase in revenue. GMP QR was so easy to use that parkers happily switched to scanning the QR Code and paying through the operator’s custom-branded web app.
Why choose GMP QR?
GMP QR has proven itself to be a fail-proof and reliable payment solution – here’s how QR codes increase parking revenue:
- Futureproof: Say goodbye to hardware failures and upgrades – GMP QR is dynamic, reliable, and scales up seamlessly with cloud updates.
- Go app-less: No downloads, no cash, no tickets. Scan to pay from a custom web app.
- Easy to Set Up: Go live quickly – just put up the high-vis QR code to go app-less!
- Easy to Use: Enter your phone number to sign up, create sessions and pay online.
- Easy to Control: Track all your sessions and transactions in real-time through a powerful admin portal.
In 2022, Get My Parking saw a 117% increase in customers, many of whom have seen a spectacular increase in revenue after deploying our parking management solutions. We completed over 7 million transactions for our customers, a testament to the quality and reliability of our solutions.